Excessive use of plastics has now become a global problem. Scientists and environmentalists all over the world have confirmed plastics can spread the germs, and they are not disposable. This is why everyone is switching to some of these most eco-friendly trash bags options.
Single-use plastics like a heavy duty garbage bag can cause a lot of damage to the environment. Also, the chemicals released in factories during plastic production can contaminate the water and air, becoming one of the main reasons of air pollution.
Plastic is a toxic material and we should preferably not use them for our household, especially as a single-use material. Furthermore, garbage stored in the plastic bags can spread some germs in our indoor area and we can suffer from breathing problems.
To save the environment, and consequently our own health, you can just make the switch to more eco-friendly garbage bags.
Why Should You Use Biodegradable Trash Bags?
- The chemicals released from plastic producing factories harm the marine ecosystem. Moreover, when these chemicals can contaminate the soil and they can spread the germs in our underground drinking water channels. Apart from that, plastics are not disposable and they can damage the nutrition value of our land. We cannot use fertilizers for our farming and we will suffer from serious problems in future.
- Furthermore, plastics, being non-biodegradable, can live on for thousands of years. They cause damage wherever they go, be it in soil, or oceans and seas.
- Even if plastics are incinerated, the harmful gases can be produced and it can lead to serious respiratory issues.
- Therefore, we should not use such plastic bags and we should use biodegradable options. There are some biodegradable bags available and you can use them as your garbage bag.
What Are the Eco-friendly Heavy Duty Garbage Bag Options?
Plastno goal is always to make small changes simple, so that you can contribute to a more sustainable future, without sacrificing convenience. Behind every Plastno bag, is a plan for the planet!
Their 13 gallon biodegradable trash bags are made from a combination of cornstarch, PLA, and PBAT, which are all non-toxic, plant-based materials. Each bag breaks down quickly and cleanly into organic matter without leaving toxic residue behind. Meanwhile, all packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable.
Trash bags from BioBag are known for their sustainability. They are biodegradable and are made of plant-based starch. These bags are plastic-free, and they can break down in 10-45days. BioBag offers its buyers two eco-sustainable options to choose from.
Another popular choice for a heavy duty garbage bag is the compostable Superline Bin Liner which is thicker and more durable.
Biotuff bin liners are one of the leading suppliers of biodegradable garbage bags. Their products are made of bioplastics which are biodegradable and environment-friendly options. The use of bioplastics significantly reduces CO2 emissions. The sustainable heavy duty garbage bag options offered by Biotuff include-
- Council Bin Liners
- Xtra Tuff Council Bin Liner
BioTuff trash bags have a storage capacity of 50 liters and above.
Bag to Nature
Their 100% biodegradable trash bags are strong and do not tear easily. Primarily made of plant searches, they are made for industrial composting.
Bag to Nature garbage bags are US certified and can be shipped to other countries for sale. These bags come in a range of sizes and are available both in retail and in bulk.
Primode supplies 100% compostable bags and is made of corn and vegetable starch. Their garbage bags, while not very sturdy, work well in household use. Primode trash bags are easy to use and are BPI certified.
If you are looking for eco-sustainable trash bags, Primode is a good option for you. They are ideal for kitchen use.
Usage of eco-friendly trash bags is important. With this, we can hope to reduce the use of plastics on a large scale.