It’s vegan-friendly, gluten-free, lactose-free, 99% sugar-free. This between many other reasons, olive leaf oil extract has incredible benefits to boost your health. Have you got the Mediterranean appetite?
In this guide, we walk you through the olive leaf extract benefits. It’s a natural source of wellness with incredible therapeutic properties: gastroprotective, neuroprotective, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive, antioxidant… and much more!
The formulas of olive leaf extract are a probiotic formula that may contain, obviously, fresh olive leaves… combined with others such as fresh pawpaw (papaya) leaves, fresh green mature papaya, pomegranate fruit and seed… Each brand has its formula, and the chose ingredients are processed in a probiotic fermentation plant that ultimately changes the structure of the ingredients that create a complex mix of highly available bioactive compounds.
Quick distinction: olive leaf extract vs. olive oil
Interestingly, olive leaf extract has more antioxidant potential than olive oil. Studies have shown that the phenolic compounds in olive leaf extract are more potent and in higher concentration than olive oil.
The olive leaf oil extract benefits
- Bost of the Immune system
- Lowers blood pressure and improves heart and arterial health
- Anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive (reduces pain stimuli)
- Relieves coughs, colds and flu and pneumonia
- Reduces cardiovascular risk, like atherosclerosis
- Help to treat type 2 diabetes and reduces cholesterol
- Diuretic and digestive health, supporting weight management
- Antimicrobial as it kills bacteria and fungi, parasites, free radicals ie. fight herpes
- Protects the brain against Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Naturally high in antioxidants, prevents oxidation or cell damage ie. cancer
- Used in-ear, urinary, dental and surgical infection prevention and elimination
- Decreases the effects of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by increasing energy and overall well being
Learn more in detail about the olive leaf oil extract benefits here.
Note: if used with the correct dosage, there are no proven side effects in olive leaf extract, however, you may have an allergy reaction – so if you are prompt to have allergies make sure you check before. We always encourage you to find out with a naturopath or doctors if precautions and side effects.
Learn more about olive leaf extract benefits, safety and side effects. at the Olive Wellness Institute.
What makes olive leaf oil extracts brands’ good or more sustainable?
Look for organically harvested and produced, look for 100% natural ingredients without the use of herbicides, pesticide or chemical fertilisers (this all will also help to save the bees). Make sure there are no artificial preservatives, colourings, fillers, binders, stabilisers or food acids added.
There are many brands you could explore, in terms of packaging we’d appreciate if you can look bulk (zero waste) options, glass jars (repurpose or upcycle whenever possible), and if plastic, please check that it can be recycled; some businesses may even do packaging made out of recycled materials 😉
Another key factor you may want to check is if it’s responsibly sourced. Best brands should have its Sustainability Report (also known as CSR). Find certifications such as Vegan, Cruelty-free, Fair Trade or BCorp…
It all adds up: if we ask businesses to do better, at the end brands will have no choice but become better for the people + planet!
By the way, here is a full guide on how to read the labels!
To guarantee absolute safety, purity, and potency all raw materials must be sourced from GMP registered and audited facilities. All ingredients must have a Certificate of Analysis (COA) on file confirming their purity and potency.
Other articles you’ll love: