Healthy, fit and purpose driven: here are some of the reasons why you should participate in athletics and sports when in college.
If you are someone who has gotten into a great college and is pumped to start your new stage of life, you should know that an ocean of possibilities awaits you. Most of the students who start college are interested in all the extracurriculars that they see for the first time. When you are in school, the sports periods are all about track practice and volleyball. But in college, sports take on a more competitive form and there are also a lot of different opportunities to pursue. You can take up gymnastics, or you can go for beach ball. But mostly, you should participate in something or the other so that your college journey turns out to be a success.
In college, you will also come across some great sports teams who will inspire you. Many of the interested students can even join these teams as they flaunt their school merchandise and take up a career in sports professionally. In this article, we will discuss all about why you should look into the different pursuits of sports in college. We will also give you tips to discover which college sport you want to pursue. And in the end, we will give some names of brands that offer college apparel for different kinds of sports.
Why Should You Look Into Different Sports Pursuits In College?
We have already talked about the ways in which you can pursue some kind of sports in college. Now, let us discuss some of the reasons why you should take an interest in the different fields of sports as a college student:
1. Empathy and belongingness: Playing sports, most especially as part of a team wearing the same college apparel, allows students to discover the power of a shared target or goal. Simply put, a competitive sports environment is the epitome of practicing the admirable qualities of teamwork. With proper guidance and facilitation, sports foster inclusivity, and for international students, this is another opportunity to be able to connect with each other. Being part of a team allows students to have another support group — another family away from home.
2. Health and fitness: This is perhaps the most obvious reason. Most sports involve some degree of physical training. Whether it is cardiovascular endurance or strength training, getting involved in sports affords the student a chance to be healthier in mind and in body. When people are healthier, their thinking may become sharper. They can process stress properly and not break down. They are also trained to follow schedules and routines.
3. Confidence and self esteem: Self-esteem is a fragile subject with several factors to consider. In fact, one must remember that competitive sports show two sides of the coin—a winner and a loser. While sports may boost confidence for winners, losing may greatly affect students’ post-competition performance as well. Of course, your college and your teachers should also be supportive and qualified enough to back you up.
Tips To Choose Your Favorite College Sport
1. Compatibility: Always go for the sport that you are compatible with. The life of an athlete is not an easy one, and you have to consider several factors such as specialized diets and expert trainers. You need to recognize which sport you have an affinity for.
2. Representation: It is very important to select a sport with proper representation. You should not venture into a field where you cannot find any person who is the same as you. This can lead to several problems like the feeling of being left out. So, consider what your batch mates are looking for.
3. Future Options: As you will be picking your sports option as a college extracurricular, it might be possible that you head into a field without considering its future potential. We would advise you to refrain from doing that. You should research properly before entering your choice of sports field.
Top 3 Brands That Offer the Perfect College Clothing Styles For You
1. Prep Sportswear: This brand has created a name for itself in the sports clothing industry. It is dedicated to delivering clothes of the highest quality to its massive customer base. You can check out the different styles offered on their website.
2. SportsLife: This brand needs no introduction whenever we talk of college sports clothes. Their products have beautiful designs which give them a high-fashion look even though they are inexpensive.
3. Reebok: It is a brand that has been around for a long time in this industry. Its clothes are cool-looking, reasonably priced, and of a high quality.
Thus, you are now aware of the different sports pursuits you can look into in college. And we have also given you tips on how to choose the field that is ideal for you. Lastly, check out the brand options we have mentioned to get yourself the perfect college sports clothing.