This post may contain affiliate links . This means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. We only share contents that are aligned with an ethical, sustainable, eco-conscious world.
Meliora is a brand of eco-friendly cleaning products for your home and laundry that’s worked hard to meet the big three: it works, it’s people friendly and does not cause any harm to the planet. Most importantly, they list their ingredients on the label. Packaging? Also 100% plastic-free.
Did you know that most cleaning products use dyes, optical brighteners, preservatives, or synthetic fragrances? Meliora doesn’t. Because truth is that home cleaning and laundry products don’t have to, and neither have to use plastic for their packaging. Instead, they label their ingredients (apparently, a very random thing to do in the industry!).
Learn all you need to know about this eco-friendly cleaning brand on the interview between Madeleine Wisecup and Kate Jakubas and Mike Meyer, Co-Founders of Meliora Cleaning Products. This company based out of Chicago, Illinois, creates all-natural laundry and home cleaning products that are both good for the planet & good for people. So far the brand has earned certifications such as BCorp, Leap Bunny and supports One Percent For The Planet.
“I wasn’t one of those kids that had a lemonade stand, you know, those entrepreneurial kids that love business!? … I had a rock collection. Like, I was one of those super nerdy science kids and it wasn’t until later, just a couple of years ago, that I realized business could be a part of problem-solving.” – Kate Jakubas
In this episode of Meliora Cleaning and The Wise Consumer you’ll hear about:
* Kate and Mike’s journey from engineers to full-time entrepreneurs.
* The importance of using natural and non-toxic ingredients in cleaning and laundry products.
* Why complete transparency about the ingredients they’re using, and where they’re sourced, is so important to Mike and Kate.
* Tips on how we can become wiser and more conscious consumers
* The challenges of the work/life balance when you’re co-founder is also your life partner.
* The power of the consumer and why it matters.
“This was such a great conversation and truly hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy listening!” Madeleine Wisecup, the host of The Wise Consumer podcast