This post may contain affiliate links . This means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. We only share contents that are aligned with an ethical, sustainable, eco-conscious world.
Dounia Home seeks to capture a slice of Morocco to share with the world. They are committed to aesthetic authenticity and stand behind quality, craftsmanship, and innovation.
With a social & environmental focus, this ethical home decoration brand is working with small groups of artisans who take great pride in preserving the craft.
In this podcast at The Wise Consumer, Madeleine interviews Dounia Tamri-Loeper, founder of Dounia Home. All happens in the heart of Morocco, using high-quality materials and workmanship techniques native to the region that has been passed down through generations of master artisans. Luxurious & ethical is possible.
Learn all you need to know about this luxurious yet ethical deco enterprise on the interview between Madeleine Wisecup and Dounia Tamri-Loeper, founder of Dounia Home.
A few facts you should know about Dounia:
- She was born and raised in Safi, Morocco, a small town rich in art that inspired her creative path at an early age. (She was 18 years old when she moved to the US to pursue her artistic passion.)
- She believes that each product should tell a story and empower the artist that created it.
- She believes in using locally-sourced materials, such as brass and copper, so as to help reduce her carbon footprint.
- She’s been featured in: Condé Nast, Elle Decor, New York Magazine and more.
- She lives in Newton, PA with her husband and two-year-old daughter.
“This was such a wonderful conversation! The journey that led Dounia to where she is today is truly inspiring! Happy listening!” Madeleine Wisecup, the host of The Wise Consumer podcast
PS: This is one of the many beautiful heritage and ethically made brands that Made Trade supports and sells on their online platform.