This post may contain affiliate links . This means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. We only share contents that are aligned with an ethical, sustainable, eco-conscious world.
Clean water for everyone is a non-profit solving the water and sanitation for schools in West Africa using innovative, collaborative, and accountable approaches. Their business model is a social enterprise dedicated to creating sustainable water supply businesses in the developing world.
This social venture aims to provide access to clean and affordable water supply in underdeveloped nations by working with locals to achieve positive social, economic and environmental impacts. Certainly, they have a big focus on schools, why? Children cannot study effectively without access to clean water and sanitary conditions.
By helping to make schools safer and more conducive to learning, we maximize our impact on the wider community. In this podcast at The Wise Consumer, Madeleine interviews Abbey Wemimo, Founder of Clean Water For Everyone, they have a heart-melting conversation in which talks about the importance of empowering local communities, Africa’s economic boom and, other world complex issues. Ready for some inspiration?
Learn all about this incredible social venture on this podcast interview:
In this episode of Clean Water For Everyone and The Wise Consumer you’ll hear about:
– Abbey’s experiences as a child growing up in the slums of Lagos, Nigeria
– Why he launched Clean Water for Everyone (he almost died of Typhoid fever as a kid due to a lack of access to clean water).
– His early start to entrepreneurship (he used to sell snicker’s bars to his classmates during school breaks)
– The importance of empowering local communities to run their businesses, institutions, organizations, etc. themselves rather than creating a system of dependency, or as Abbey puts it, “treating local individuals like subjects of aid” (something I’ve personally been thinking about a lot and which Abbey and I talk about at great length during this episode).
– The importance of collaboration and working together to solve some of the world’s most complex issues.
– Africa’s economic boom (this is an exciting time for Africa!)
– What inspires him to persevere through the entrepreneurial challenges he faces
– And so much more!
This was such a great conversation and truly hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy listening!
Madeleine Wisecup, the host of The Wise Consumer podcast