This post may contain affiliate links . This means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. We only share contents that are aligned with an ethical, sustainable, eco-conscious world.
Have you ever walked into a store or passed by a corner and felt like something wasn’t quite right? After seeing the world going crazy because of China’s plastic ban and the invasion of our social media and news with images of oceans filled with plastic, there is a tireless group of consumers persisting about brands and shops to stop using plastic bags or plastic packaging. But still, things aren’t changing fast enough! Now you have the opportunity to practise silent activism with these activististickers and educate business owners and fellow shoppers to make a radical change! Find out ideas on where you could stick these in the most sneaky way! Oh, and 5 languages available – this is a World issue!!!!
INSTAGRAM COMPETITION & CHALLENGE UPDATE!!
Calling out to all fellow or future activists! Today we are launching #ourgoodactivistchallenge and for the next 30 days, you can take part in this incredible mission to help clean up the planet. On your next walk to school, to work, or to the grocery store, make sure you pick up any litter you find along the way, and you’ll stand a chance to win two #watchyourwaste collections of @activistickers YAY!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE #ourgoodactivistchallenge
- Pick-up litter on the beach, at the park or anywhere in the world.
- Take a picture of at least three pieces of litter
- Upload it on your Instagram feed and/or story and tag @activistickers and @ourgoodbrands (and you can even tag another activist who inspires you)
- Use the hashtag #ourgoodactivistchallenge
- Feel free to enter as many photos as you like (each with at least three pieces of rubbish, #ourgoodactivistchallenge, @activistickers, @ourgoodbrands), every valid photo counts as one entry
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
- Dates: starting 15th of October / ending 15th of November 2018
- Prize: both collections of #watchyourwaste stickers!
- The winner will be announced on the 15th of November and the collections of #activistickers will be sent to any place in the world.
GOOD LUCK & PICK-UP!
And for the pro’s – upload the pic on Openlittermap a citizen science litter-mapping game to clean the planet & earn Littercoins. It’s easy, fun and rewarding: mine cryptocurrency every time you process litter data. This technology empowers anyone to share litter information by using the platform, which can also be downloaded for free (as we all know how expensive plastic pollution researches can be!).
NOW!! We interview these incredible sisters who combined their skills to launch collections of activistickers. They have brought us a new way of practising activism – in silence, made easy, fun and to make us become more effective in spreading the message. Their greatest success? Getting people to become more aware of our plastic pollution. Soon? Launching a new collection about a totally different topic!! Hope this inspires you with a new way of shaking change and to tell the world to #WatchYourWaste!
Can you explain a bit about your background?
What was the tipping point for you to start Activistickers?
What is your mission?
How would you like people to use them?
What does your creation process look like?
What are the materials used for the stickers?
What would you say is the most prominent activist community in the world?
What would mean “success” for activistickers?
Where can we find you?
Have you ever used these stickers before? Would you like to use them? Comment below and share your ideas with us!